Friday, May 2, 2008

Temple Square Picnic and Birthday Surprise

Temple Square Picnic

As soon as we got home from church, Paul started cleaning. I couldn't figure out why so I asked him. He gave me some lame reason, but I didn't really care - he was cleaning the house! Well, all of a sudden he told me to go put some shoes on and get into the car. It was very exciting! He had secretly prepared a picnic for us and then took me to Temple Square. He doesn't usually do this kind of thing. I thought it was very romantic and well thought out! We had a wonderful time and the weather was gorgeous! Emma was so happy, but she still wouldn't walk on the grass. It was a wonderful birthday surprise!

Surprise!
The real surprise didn't come till we got home though. There were tons of people hiding in our house!! Everyone shouted "surprise" as I walked into the living room. Unfortunately I was holding Emma and she started to cry. It was really funny but sad at the same time. Poor little girl! It was such an awesome surprise though!! Everyone parked far away so there were no cars to give me a clue. Somehow I managed to walk past the food set on the table without really thinking about it. What a goober! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Mom, Dad, and Jarom there too. There are just some things about life that always bite! It was the best birthday surprise I have ever had! Thank you to all my fabulous friends and family, I love you guys!!

Birthday Flowers
Paul gave me flowers at 1:00 am when he got home from work the night of my birthday. They are gorgeous white roses! My friend Jen brought me these beautiful tulips. They are so pretty on the table. I found these purple flowers growing outside by the back patio. I have no idea what they are but they smell so good! 10 points to anyone who can tell me what they are. A challenge for Uncle Brent! hahaha Actually, it's probably not! I've enjoyed them all week, thank you Paul and Jen!! I love them!
Birthday Cake by Bryndee
Bryndee made me the most delicious cake for my surprise party! It was layers of cake and real strawberries with homemade whipped cream. Pretty darn tasty!! I think Paul could only find 7 candles in the drawer. That was probably a good thing, he might have burned down the house with 25!

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Hey there. Your slide shows are so nice. I love them. The flower in question is the Grape Hyacinth. Once you plant them they never go away. Just ask my Mom. Your birthday was tons of fun. Love you!
~Dacia

Bob and Danya said...

Sounds like you had a great time. No one ever told me all the details. Such fun! That cake looks delish! Yum!!!

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell