Tuesday, May 6, 2008

ER Drama

Well, we ended up in Emergency, again. Around 2:00 this afternoon I picked up Emma and realised she was very warm, actually hot. I took her temp. and it registered 102.4 but she was squeezing her bottom and I knew I was getting a true reading. So, we tried again and this time it read 104.2. Off we went. We got there about 2:30. A urine test and several hours later we were finally on our way to the pharmacy. We got her home a little after 6. It never fails to amaze me, things that don't matter usually take moments and things that are important take forever. Drives me crazy! At least we did see some interesting things while waiting in the ER lobby for an hour. That can be a really scary place! With medicine, Pedialyte and a popsicle she's already feeling much better. And go figure she said "BLUE" today. She's always such a good little girl, even when she's feeling totally punk. All of the nursing staff and even the docs can't help but comment on what a cutie she is. We know we're so lucky to have such a doll baby.

3 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Gee, you do have your plate full with that little girl! That's a mighty high temp! Ouch! Glad you ran her into the ER so quickly. Looks like the outcome will be favorable! Does Emma hate pedialyte like my kids do. Man, I can never get them to drink that stuff! We had to switch to gatorade. Crazy kids! Well, hope Emma will be feeling like her young self again soon!

Slades said...

I'm glad she's doing better. Scary!

Heidi said...

Was it just like a little flu bug or something? Poor little girl. On another side note, We're glad the funeral was such a positive experience.

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell