Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Made it Home

Emma and I are back home in Utah after our little vacation in California for Grandpa and Grandma Reeves 60th anniversary. I was feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of coming home to a new house that hadn't really been moved into yet. I spent one night in the new house before we left, but Paul is wonderful! He has been slaving away in our absence and has made a lot of head way. There is still so much to do! But I thought I'd take a break and hit the blog for a moment. Emma managed to slip on the wood floor and hit her mouth (binkie in). The binkie pushed her top lip up so far that the skin connecting her lip and gum between her front teeth tore. I picked her up as soon as it happened, thinking nothing really had, until i noticed the blood quickly filling her mouth. I was horrified and not sure what to do. I grabbed a few paper towels and started to stop the bleeding, and then, of course, I called Mom. I wasn't able to determine the extent of the damage until the bleeding stopped. I know that mouth wounds bleed a lot, but I still wasn't prepared for this much. I took the fact that she wanted her binkie as a good sign. I gave her a dose of Motrin and a then we had a cuddle session. I was afraid she would have trouble eating but considering all of the saltines she's consumed, I think she will be just fine. It's been a rough day.

2 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Glad you made it home safe! Watch out for those wood floors! That's how I fell while holding Cason a little over a month ago. Those things are like ice when they are wet!

See you in a few days!!! :)

Heidi said...

That can be traumatizing! I'm glad she's okay. We were sad we weren't able to make it out to California. I'm sure it was really nice. Hope to see you soon!

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell