Friday, June 27, 2008

Drama, Blood, and more Drama

I was finally able to get Emma an appointment with our former family doctor. I wanted to have him look at her lip, but of course he is on vacation! So, we got stuck with the nurse practitioner... probably enough said. She looked at Em and said there wasn't a tear but a nick and that she would be fine, but if there was a tear she'd need a suture. Ha! Ya, till she fell again and blood was everywhere!! I pinned her down at looked again and what the heck, it is completely torn!! (And it is exactly the same as two days ago) That's what we get for not seeing a doctor, I guess. After harassing everyone in the family, Devin and Heidi were sweet and gave me the number to their pediatrician. They have after hours,( of course she fell at 4:45) and I was able to talk to a knowledgeable nurse. She informed me that there is nothing to be done, but to try to let it heal, and how to more efficiently stop the bleeding if it should happen again. I think Em's feet are so little that she has a difficult time balancing and she has started running everywhere, not a good combination. Gravity is the Bane of Emma right now! I hope she can figure it out soon, I can hardly stand to see her bleed like that. She's a trooper though, much more tough than her mother! And... she just slipped again! Heaven forbid this child go a minute without hitting her lip. That's how it is though isn't, you want one thing not to happen and it's the only thing that does... over, and over, and over again. I just keep telling myself this too shall pass. Wish it would hurry up a little!

No comments:

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell