Monday, August 11, 2008

A Sad Passing

So, all of you in the immediate area, can bear witness to the crazy weather these past couple of days. Well, Saturday was nuts!! I was standing in the kitchen cleaning, watching Emma eat her dinner and the lightening, and listening to the thunder. All of a sudden there was a HUGE explosion that shook the house. I yelled to Damon who was upstairs in his room, (I was really surprised by the event), wondering what in the heck had happened. He came down and then I realised that the sprinkler system had come on, weird! We went to look at the timer and it wasn't even on, period. We couldn't figure out how to stop it and had no clue where the manual valve was. (I wasn't going out to look in the pouring rain, either.) But back to the main mystery, what the explosion was. We couldn't see anything or smell anything. So, we just figured it was really loud thunder that was over the house, wrong... Now, we're pretty sure the house was hit by lightening, or it was really close. Close enough to destroy our computer!! Mystery solved, our computer exploded. It sounded like a shotgun going off in the kitchen. The really terrible thing is that all of my pictures are on it and I didn't back up any of them. Ya, I feel like throwing up, seriously. Hopefully we'll be able to save them, if the something that exploded wasn't the hard drive. My prayers are pretty much consumed with just asking for anything else to have been busted. We're lucky that Damon's surge protector actually worked, so we still have internet access. Well, we say good bye to a good friend. We've had this computer since a few months after getting married. It's been really good to us and we loved it! I'm so mad, this is totally lame!! So, bear with me for the next however long. Hopefully the situation will be resolved in a timely fashion, but I have my doubts.

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

So Sad! Did you take it in to someone yet to see if htey can recover anything?

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell