Saturday, February 23, 2008

Uh Oh

This morning our electricity went off while Paul was changing Emma. He came into the room to tell me, handing her to me. I responded with an " Uh oh" and then Emma said uh oh for the first time. It was such a cute sound! She turned and smiled at us. We played copycat all day and I was able to coax her into saying it twice more. She's growing up so fast... but we're sure enjoying every second! Emma has started dragging books to me so we can read together. She loves her board books by Leslie Patricelli. I think her favorite is the Yummy Yucky book. She is really good at turning the pages and pointing out the baby. I love it! It's the best time of the day!
Emma's new favorite place is standing in front of the couch. She takes all of her toys there and turns around, balancing against her bum. As you can see she loves the remote control. She kept chewing on our nice remote so I found an old one. She takes it every where, but mostly chews it in front of the couch.
Em's getting really good at balancing too! She bends over to inspect the most minuscule objects. I don't know how she's sees them, eyes like an eagle this one. Most of the time they are too tiny to even pick up but she still tries. She's hilarious to watch.
Here she is proudly trying to show me the interesting object. She's my little personal carpet cleaner. Now if I could just get her to fold laundry...!
Late Friday night we took Em to the hospital with a high fever. I thought she might have a bladder infection... she did, but they were able to tell by the bacteria that it wasn't related to her surgery. We are so relieved!! She's feeling much better and acting like her normal self. She has to be on the antibiotic for a few weeks until her one year check up, then they will check her again to be sure the bacteria is gone. Hopefully, we hate that antibiotic!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

What a cutie that Emma! Sorry she's been sick again. That's a bummer. Hopefully she heals up quick! Love that picture with the remote. I swear that kids are born with a remote in their hands these days!

Our Tinker Bell

Our Tinker Bell